Wednesday, November 28, 2012


We just wanted to start off by saying thank you for all of the love, support, and prayers.  We have truly felt the tender mercies of our Heavenly Father through your prayers and fasting.  As much as we appreciate all of the texts, Facebook messages, and phone calls we have received our focus right now is on Abbey's health, and thought it would be best if we had one source where everyone could be updated on Abbey

Abbey was diagnosed with Wilson's Disease, which is a rare genetic liver disease.  Wilson's disease is a build up of copper in the liver that cannot be metabolized.  Most of the food in our diets have traces of copper, but are easily eliminated.  The disease cannot be diagnosed until signs of liver failure are manifested, usually in the early teens.

On Friday, Nov. 23rd Abbey was treated for a bladder infection with an antibiotic which is assumed now to have triggered the acute liver failure associated with the disease.  

Abbey was taken to Cache Valley Specialty Hospital on Sunday, Nov. 25th and was quickly flown to Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City, UT. 

She is being cared for by the best doctors and nurses we could ever hope for.  Abbey is very sick and is remaining strong to receive her much needed liver transplant.  The nurses and doctors have been amazed by her strength and bravery.  We know that there are angels helping her through this. 

We will periodically update as new information becomes available.  Please continue to pray for our Abbey

Once again, thank you for all of your support through this terrible time.

Love, 
The Owen's 

14 comments:

  1. We love you all, and will continue to keep you in our prayers! Please let us know what we can do to help! And give Abbey our best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you all! We love you, Abbey and Owen family.

    The Andersons

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just wanted to let you know our thoughts and prayers are with Abbey and you all at this time. We love Abbey and the sweet spirit she brings to Primary each week.

    Tami, Nicole, Tara, and Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is maddie and I just wanted to say that I love and appreciate abbey. I will always keep abbey in my prayers.
    Maddie jensen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please let us know if you are screening potential donors. There are many of us who would help any way we can. Thoughts and prayers headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is Shaylee Bagley and I just want to tell you that you are in everyone's prayers and even at school tons of people have fasted for you. I did it once and all the other girls did it too. I just want you to know that I am here for you no matter what happens and always will be. I have faith in your strength.
    love, Shaylee :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are in our thoughts and prayers each day! If there is anything we can do for you please let us know! Sending all our love!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey abbey this is your cousin madyson i just want you to know that you are in my prayers every minute of the day i will be here for you all the time whenever you need me! I love you so very much you are an awesome cousin you have always set a good example for me, you make me a better person. :) love ya!!!!!!!

    love, madyson

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey abbey i love you so much i hope you get well soon! you are in my prayers and i am here for you. you are a awesome person and always reamber that i love you soooooooo very much


    love ashley wood!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My love and prayers are with your entire family! Please update if it's possible to test for matches, I'd help if possible in a second. Love ya
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best wishes, Primary Children's Hospital is an incredible place and gives excellent care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Abbey and the rest of the Owens family. We are constantly thinking about all of you and hoping and praying for Abbey's recovery. All of you have been such great friends to us and I know Garrett will miss you in Nursery on Sunday. Get better soon Abbey, we are praying for you.

    The Curdy's

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah Abbey got her transplant, congratulations Abbey and family. Go Abbey. Stay strong, get better. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi abbey this is Rebecca I am so glad you got your transplant. I was worried . The first time I found out that you were really sick I was so sad. the first two nights I couldn't fall asleep . I have been praying for you. I fasted for you. Yesterday my mom and a few other people did a yard sale for you. There was cotton candy, popcorn, pop and you could take pictures with Santa. today the Monday jump rope class did an Assembly for the parents I wish you could have been there. get well soon. i know you can get though this.

    love Rebecca

    ReplyDelete