Monday, December 3, 2012

A friend of our family sent the movie "Brave" to Abbey.
This movie couldn't be a more perfect fit. 
Throughout all of the poking and prodding, 
she continues to be an example of strength and bravery to us all.
 
 We never thought we would be so excited about her wanting to watch TV/movies,
(she has already about gone through our whole movie collection.) 

 Last night she was able to drink water and eat pudding, 
which was exciting for her because she had been asking for water 
ever since she arrived at Primary Children's.  

She is still very weak, but has been such a good sport 
about having the physical therapists come and move her all around.

During the time that her liver was failing, her kidneys suffered.  
The kidney's are very resilient and strong, so the doctors are confident that
 they will just take time to start back up again.

Unfortunately, they are not allowing visitors right now, 
due to her suppressed immune system.  
We will update as soon as they are allowing them
because we know that she sure is missing her cute friends and family.

We ask you to please continue to keep 
Abbey in your thoughts and prayers.  


  Once again, thank you for the kindness you have shown us.  
We are truly blessed with the greatest family and friends.

Love,
The Owen's

7 comments:

  1. That is so great. I'm so glad Abbey is doing much better. Me and lots of the other girls are thinking and praying for you every second. I hope abbey still remembers me! she's my best friend forever. please get better abbey!
    Love,
    Maddie Jensen your BFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm.."Brave" has a hero with long red curly hair. You're right, it's perfect. I'm glad to hear things are improving, and of course, everyone will keep her in their prayers.

    Kelleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!! I'm so happy that Abbey is doing great. I can't wait to see her. I really hope she remembers me, because I haven't known her that long. Abbey has been really kind to me for the time that I've known her, she never left me out of things, and was just awesome. I will still fast and pray for her. She is by far my best friend. :)
    Love,
    Emma/Mark #4

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is makayla and i am so happy to hear abbey is doing better. :) you are right abbey is like the girl in brave, because she is brave. i miss abbey and hope she gets better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

    love, makayla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    You don't know me, but I was told about you from Barbie, the social worker at Primarys. I am a fellow liver mom and just wanted to offer my support. Liver disease is aweful and I'm so glad that Abbey got her transplant. My daughter got transplanted last year on November 28, at 10 months old. She has done awesome. It was a little overwhelming at first, but you will learn the ins and outs and get a routine down and life will resume to pretty normal. If I can ever answer any questions or if youn need anything, please call me or email me. I'll be happy to help in any way I can. Hang in there. Life will get better and better with each passing day. My phone is 2087163375 and email is coreyw@fretel.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love,
    Emma, Abbeys forever good friend

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi abbey this is lyra i am so glad you are doing well and i can't wait to seen you again i was so sad when i came to school and Mrs. Butterfield had said that you had a liver infection and i was just broken i can't wait until you get to come back to school
    lyra can't wait to see you :@ :) ;)

    ReplyDelete